Human Resources & Equity Officer
Human Resources & Equity Officer
Appointment Type: Full-time, permanent
Classification & Hiring Range: Professional/Managerial 5 (PM5) Hiring Range: $87,925 to $112.401
Reports to: The Bursar & Chief Administrative Officer
Position Summary: Trinity College is a vibrant and diverse academic community with a rich history and excellent local and international reputation. Since its founding in 1851, the College has valued and fostered a high level of academic achievement with approximately 2,000 currently registered students, 450 of whom live in the College’s residences. Trinity College grounds comprise spectacular historic buildings, and the College is among the smallest and most prestigious colleges on the St. George Campus of the University of Toronto. Trinity’s campus is located in the central Toronto downtown core, steps from the Bloor-St.George subway and Queen’s Park.
The College seeks a seasoned human resources professional to provide a full range of HR generalist services combined with strategic leadership which supports the College’s aims of recruiting and retaining outstanding employees, promoting a diverse and inclusive community, providing a safe and healthy environment for teaching, working, and learning, and developing employees to their full potential.
- Oversee all College processes, policies, and standards relating to human resources and equity
- Advise departmental Managers and administrators on human resource policies, practices, and collective agreements; provide recruitment advice and assistance; provide guidance on employment processes including organizational change, performance management, salary administration, job evaluation and termination
- Provide timely, accurate and informed guidance to College employees on human resource matters, including interpretation of relevant College policies, collective agreements, workplace legislation, and policies and procedures related to life events
- Promote a diverse and inclusive community at the College through leading by example, developing cross-cultural competence among employees, and implementing policies and programs which support equity in the College community
- Foster an environment of ongoing employee development through a combination of regular training programs, individual and group professional development, and opportunities for career growth through involvement in projects, secondments, etc.
- Support a safe and healthy working, learning, and teaching environment at the College; educate employees about workplace health and safety; lead regular health and safety assessments in compliance with both College policies and relevant health and safety legislation
Education: University degree in a relevant discipline and CHRP/CHRL designation preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an HR generalist or HR consultant, with strong preference for candidates with background in a university setting. Experience with collective agreement and employment policy interpretation and application. Demonstrated experience with unionized and non-unionized job evaluation, compensation and recruitment methodology and practices. Sound knowledge of human resources best practices and employment related legislation. Knowledgeable about, and committed to, principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Well-versed in staff training and development. Understanding of academic human resource policies. Understanding of Trinity’s federated relationship with the University of Toronto is an asset.
Other: Superior verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated proactive and effective client service orientation. Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, initiative and problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment and to successfully manage multiple and conflicting priorities with tight deadlines. Experience conducting investigations an asset. Demonstrated analytical skills. Ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and compassion.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter in ONE FILE, either MSWord or PDF format, by email to email@example.com
Trinity College is a federated university in the University of Toronto and offers excellent employment opportunities with exceptional benefits. The College is a culturally diverse community that sustains a tradition of academic excellence and provides a vibrant and welcoming community of students, faculty, alumni and staff. More information about the College may be found on our website at http://trinity.utoronto.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Vice President, Finance and Operations
Concordia University of Edmonton
Vice-Principal, Finance & Administation
Brescia University College
Communications, Marketing & Membership Coord./Coo…
Canadian Association of University Business Officers / Association canadienne du personnel
Rectrice et vice-chancelière ou Recteur et vice-c…
Université de Moncton
Vice-recteur adjoint ou vice-rectrice adjointe au…