Senior Director, Ancillary Services
Union/Affiliation: Administrative Professional Excluded Staff
# of openings: 1
Position Grade: 14
Biweekly Hours: 72
The Senior Director, Ancillary Services provides strategic planning and leadership to a portfolio of business, retail and other ancillary services and initiatives across all SFU campuses, providing resources for the University's financial stability and growth. The Senior Director provides financial and entrepreneurial direction to Ancillary Services units that include Dining Services, Meeting, Event & Conference Services, Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services, Bookstore & Spirit Shop and Document Solutions, spanning all three campus locations. The Senior Director works in close collaboration with VP's, Deans and other Directors of multiple departments across all campuses and with peers across the Canadian university sector. The Senior Director oversees Ancillary Services budgets of $40 million and a staff of 70. Third-party food service and catering contracts under the responsibility of the portfolio have an additional 300 staff and produce revenues of $18 million per year across all campuses.
- Master's degree in Business Administration and ten years of related experience in overseeing revenue generating operations for a post-secondary institution, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational culture and behaviour change strategies in large organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of sustainability practices.
- Good knowledge of employee engagement practices, workplace health and safety standards, confidentiality and risk management.
- Excellent financial, business development, entrepreneurial and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal, written and presentation) and networking skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent organizational, quantitative, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement contracts.
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships and to work collaboratively at all levels and areas within the organization.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement, initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Proficient in the use of enterprise level information systems.
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Please include yoru cover letter and resume in one attachment.
This posting is open until position is filled.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=653.