Manager, Internal Audit
Interested in working in an exciting, large, mature and dynamic academic environment? If so, the University of Victoria is the place for you! The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement. Here at Internal Audit, we provide a diverse range of audit, advisory and investigative services to Senior Management and the Board of Governors. If you're experienced or interested in leading a diverse range of audit-related engagements for the University, we want to hear from you!
The Manager, Internal Audit assists and supports the Director, Internal Audit in fulfilling the function’s mandate, helping to develop and deliver on the annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee. Working in a team environment, the Manager also supervises the work and performance of staff and consultants, ensuring that it is completed in accordance with professional standards.
The Manager is responsible for performing a wide range of more complex audit, assurance, investigative and advisory engagements in support of effective governance, accountability and performance. The variety of engagements undertaken is diverse and includes assessments of the efficiency and effectiveness of various operations, financial processes and controls, IT systems and related controls, safeguarding assets, compliance with laws and regulations, providing advice on enhancing the University’s processes, and investigations (primarily relating to allegations of financial misconduct or misappropriations involving the university’s assets). As an aid to management, the Manager has a significant role in ensuring high standards of internal controls and promoting the principles of sound financial and risk management at UVic.
As audit activities must comply with professional standards as defined by various professional bodies (e.g. the Institute of Internal Auditors, the Information Systems Audit & Control Association, and / or or the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners), the Manager must be consistent in the application of these standards in the conduct of individual audit, investigative and advisory engagements. Likewise, the Manager oversees that such standards are appropriately complied with in respect to work undertaken by staff and / or consultants.
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized audit / accounting designation, and a minimum of five years of solid, progressive, post qualification experience (including in a supervisory role) in leading and managing operational audits and performing a range of internal audit related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience in analysis of business, IT and management control processes, and in recommending and/or leading change initiatives.
- Experience in risk assessment within higher education or other large complex organization.
- CIA, CISA, or CFE designation(s) are highly desirable.
Key job-specific competencies
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of complex business processes in a range of different industries or business / operational environments.
- Demonstrated exposure to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of analytical software such as ACL, IDEA, Tableau or SAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented by creativity, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to influence/initiate change affecting technology, work processes, and/or people.
- Proficient in MS Office / Windows-based business applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact Kam Cheema, HR Programs and Project Manager, at email@example.com. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
More search results
Vice-recteur aux finances et à l’administration |…
UNIVERSITÉ D’OTTAWA | UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Deputy Provost, Academic Operations
University of Northern British Columbia
Director, Finance & Operations, Human Resources &…
University of Toronto