MANAGER, COMPENSATION (C5544)
NOTE: This posting represents a temporary leave replacement effective until February 1, 2022.
Reporting to the Director Benefits, Compensation and Pensions, the incumbent leads the design, revision and implementation of compensation programs and related policies to meet objectives with regards to internal equity, Pay Equity legislation and external market competitiveness. He/she provides internal compensation guidance, support and analysis to the organization including total compensation programs, compensation strategies, policies and market data analyzes.
- Manage the design and development of large-scale/complex administrative processes and programs as well as compensation initiatives including those conducted in joint committees with representatives of various employee groups (i.e. structures, job evaluation plan, compensation plans reviews, organization incentive plan, etc.) from concept/issue identification through implementation
- Manage all the non-academic compensation matters related to all collective bargaining agreements including but not limited to salary administration, annual salary reviews, job analysis and evaluation, grievance management, pay equity etc.
- Provide project management leadership, technical guidance, advice and support to Directors and HR on compensation or cross-functional related matters.
- Support institutional initiatives which require producing costings for all compensation related matters
- Interpret complex data from multiple sources to make recommendations to HR and Management; participate and lead in cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues.
- Manage the annual survey participation process - compensation survey sourcing, participation, audit issue resolution, billing, purchase orders and guidance provided to advisors.
- Contribute to the development of manager training, communication strategies, and materials to create clarity and understanding around the University’s compensation philosophy and how it aligns with an overall total rewards strategy
- Produce various reports in response to enquiries and requests related to senior management and non-unionized employees; produce variable compensation reports; paid variable compensation report; stipend, o-n-call, Bill 95 management listing and etc.
- Manage a team of advisors and provide direction and mentorship to advisors on compensation programs, processes and issues.
- Act as consultant to HR and all levels of Management on compensation programs/policies and resolution to complex compensation issues where no formal programs or policies exist.
- Representative for inter-university committee on compensation related matters, attend meetings as the Concordia representative, and respond to all surveys and enquiries.
- Liaise with managers to develop and implement local compensation strategies appropriate for their unit’s needs and consistent with the institution’s overall reward strategy.
- Identify opportunities to streamline or automate processes using technology to ensure continuous improvements in program administration.
- Contribute and participate in the HRIS ERP software implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field and seven to ten years of work experience, of which five years in a leadership role.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation desirable.
- Solid project management experience.
- Experience designing, planning and administering general compensation and executive compensation programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to design employee incentive programs.
- Demonstrated ability to use survey results to conduct large scale benchmarking initiatives and provide recommendations to different levels of Management.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English; good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken French.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access; Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with various HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management and employee groups.
- Strong problem solving, modeling and analytical skills to provide accurate and complex data compilation and costing.
- Ability to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Strong initiative, leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 15, 2019, to the attention of Elvira Fiorentino, Senior Employment Advisor. See above for instructions on how to send in your application.
More search results
Department Manager Faculty/
University of Toronto -Toronto
Assistant Vice-President Human Resources
Senior Vice President, Corporate Services and Chi…
St. Lawrence College
Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Northern British Columbia
Executive Director, Food and Beverage
University of Toronto