Vice-Principal, Finance & Administation
- Brescia University College
- Brescia University College, London ON, Canada
- Salary Range – Up to $138,780 depending on experie
- Job Category
- Finance, Budget and Audit
- Job Type
Brescia University College (www.brescia.uwo.ca), a Catholic university college affiliated with Western University, is Canada’s only women’s university provides instruction to over 1,500 students. Brescia is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to fill a position as:
Vice-Principal, Finance and Administration
Permanent Fulltime Position
Salary Range – Up to $138,780 depending on experience
Reporting directly to the Principal, the Vice-Principal, Finance and Administration (“VPFA”) is the senior financial officer of Brescia University College and is responsible for providing leadership in all matters of finance and administration, supporting the core academic and student life functions of the University. This includes management of all aspects of financial reporting, financial and strategic planning, student fees and financial aid, banking and treasury, investment management, risk management, procurement, human resources, facilities management, IT, central services, food services, conference services and parking.
The VPFA will work closely with the Principal, Vice-Principal and Academic Dean, Vice-Principal, Students, , and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure that Brescia is appropriately accountable to its many stakeholders and that Brescia’s support functions are effective and efficient.
● Professional accounting designation is required (CPA) and university degree in a related discipline.
● Minimum 10 years’ work experience in finance and accounting with at least five of those in a senior financial leadership role. Preferred experience in post-secondary and/or not-for-profit and/or broader public sector institutions.
● Experience in a leadership role involving oversight over and/or close collaboration with administrative functions, including Human Resources, Facilities, IT, Risk Management, Ancillary operations.
● A decision-maker with integrity who is rational, risk-averse, insightful, adaptable and collaborative will be a good match for this position.
● A devotion to process and efficiency; equally comfortable with extremes of big-picture strategy and minute detail, and able to move with ease from one to the other.
● Experience with and the ability to work with employees in a unionized/collective bargaining environment.
● Evidence of past success in team building, employee development and the creation of positive and collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff and colleagues.
● Strong communication skills in listening, speaking and writing, and the ability to interact successfully with multiple constituencies and stakeholders; able to explain complex financial and accounting matters to stakeholders, including Board members, with varying degrees of financial literacy.
● A commitment to equity, openness and integrity, and maintaining trust in team members through delegation and communication.
For a detailed description of the role, please email email@example.com with your request.
Please submit a letter of application and resume by Sunday, July 28th 2019, to:
Brescia University College
c/o Human Resources
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Brescia University College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous person, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.