NOTE: This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President Human Resources, the incumbent leads a team that develops and implements compensation, benefit strategies and mechanisms aligned to the University’s needs, goals and objectives. The director leads and facilitates the planning, management and development of programs and services related to compensation and benefits, including pension.
- Actively lead the compensation, benefits and pension administration units and the development, implementation, recommendation and interpretation of policies, practices, processes and programs.
- Manage complex issues and policy interpretation with respect to the daily activities of the Unit.
- Provide leadership to management with respect to new developments, legislative changes and modifications required.
- Provide support and coordination for project related work, such as market research, best practices and salary surveys.
- Oversee the application of compensation related to unionized and non-unionized personnel increases and conditions for employee groups and individuals
- Develop and implement communication and training plans and programs related to compensation, benefits programs and services.
- Act as an expert to Employee and Labour Relations, Employment and Administrative services on determining appropriate compensation, benefit coverage, pension administration and support information dissemination to individuals concerned.
- Oversee various reports and agreements to ensure that they are aligned to the organization’s guidelines and policies.
- Along with the HR management team, participate in planning to support the HR vision, mission and planning for compensation, pension and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Administration, Finance, Industrial Relations or related field and more than ten years’ experience in HR with at least five of managerial experience.
- CHRP, ACP and CCP designations are desirable.
- Knowledge of Concordia and of the Higher Education Sector in Quebec an asset.
- Experience in unionized settings an asset.
- Superior knowledge and successful experience in compensation, benefits and pension administration.
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems and PC office software are essential.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent leadership, team building and influencing skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to set individual and team priorities.
- Demonstrated strength and superior communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently as well as lead a team, as well as success in developing productive relationships with other members.
- Possesses political astuteness and a reputation for discretion, integrity, good judgment and responsiveness with a high degree of attention to detail and common sense.
- Excellent customer service and customer relations competencies.
More search results
Chief Executive Officer
Boyden Of Vancouver, BC
Assistant Vice-President, Planning and Analysis
Ontario Tech University
The University of Toronto - Manager, Benefits & P…
University of Toronto
Associate Vice President Human Resources
University of Regina
Associate Director, Financial Reporting
Thompson Rivers University-