Mount Allison acknowledges, honours, and respects that the land named Sackville, NB is part of the unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People who are the historic inhabitants, custodians, and dwellers on the land where our University is built and confirms its commitment to strengthening relationships with all Indigenous people.
We invite applications for the position of Director, Administrative Services in the Administrative Services office. This is a full-time continuing position.
Mount Allison has been recognized by Maclean’s as the top primarily undergraduate university in Canada 22 times in the past 30 years — a record unmatched by any other university. The University offers a flexible liberal arts and sciences education that prepares students for any career path and to enter into professional and graduate programs. Mount Allison prides itself on providing a high-quality academic experience, combined with a variety of hands-on learning opportunities in a close-knit community. We are committed to delivering an extraordinary educational experience – student-centred, hands on, and community minded. Mount Allison University's beautiful and historically rich campus is nestled on the Tantramar marshes in the heart of Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.
Reporting directly to the Vice-President, Finance & Administration, the Director, Administrative Services, provides strategic direction and operational leadership for a diverse portfolio of business operations and services that support the academic mission and our campus community. These business operations include residences, dining services, retail food, vending, conferences/events, summer camps, bookstore, pub/bar services, ID card, print services and mail/shipping/receiving as well as property, space and lease agreements.
The incumbent will provide inspired and consistent leadership to their teams focused on the provision of best-in-class service, including a focus on environmental sustainability and innovation. To view a complete position description, please visit our website at www.mta.ca/employment.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management, or equivalent post-secondary education and work experience.
- Seven to ten years of related work experience with increasing levels of leadership, responsibility and accountability managing diverse business operations, preferably in the hospitality sectors (preferably with a focus on food service, accommodation and small to large event planning).
- Substantial experience in strategic planning, budget management, as well as project and change management, sales and marketing, and people leadership.
- Substantial experience in planning for capital renewal, concept design, renovation cycles and major/minor maintenance programs for student housing, dining and other ancillary facilities.
- Experience with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Previous work experience in a post-secondary education setting strongly preferred.
- Proven focus on excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to function with high degree of tact and diplomacy with a diverse and wide variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborative and engaging leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff and students, parents, contractors, other post-secondary institutions, external agencies, conference clients and the general public.
- Effective organizational/project management, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Experience in leading as the functional expert in introducing or migrating to new technologies.
- Proficiency with business process, analysis and reporting software such as conference and event management, housing, retail point of sale, enterprise database, ID card, bookstore management and other business/productivity software.
- High level of numeracy and proficiency in Office 365.
- Satisfactory criminal records check.
If you are interested in the challenges and opportunities that this position has to offer, please forward your application on or before September 8, 2021 or until the position is filled to: Human Resources Department, Mount Allison University, 65 York St., Sackville, NB E4L 1E4, Fax: (506) 364-2385, e-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.mta.ca/employment for other employment opportunities at Mount Allison University or to register to receive e-mail notification of new opportunities.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.
More search results
Institutional Analyst - Modeling in the departmen…
University of Windsor
Manager, Faculty Financial Administration
University of Toronto
Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives & Gro…
Brescia University College
Vice-President (Finance and Administration)
Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management & …