Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management & Insurance
A Day in the Life…
The Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management and Insurance is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing review of the University’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework and Insurance portfolio, including all related processes. The Associate Director will manage the ERM and Insurance processes to ensure alignment with Brock’s strategic objectives. The Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management and Insurance is Brock’s subject matter expert on matters related to risk, risk transfer, liability and operational effectiveness and will work closely with senior leadership.
As the Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management and Insurance, you will:
- Lead the continued development and implementation of the University’s Enterprise Risk Management framework for identifying, assessing, managing, and monitoring risk;
- Provide strategic risk management support that balances the identification and articulation of risk and opportunities and reflects considerations for strategic and operational planning;
- Ensure robust and effective risk management governance across the institution;
- Work with key stakeholders to provide risk management-related expertise and guidance, report on risks to various university operations and recommend risk mitigation strategies;
- Facilitate the identification of the University’s principle risks and related sub-risks and ensure regular reassessment and reporting as required;
- Provide management, oversight, and strategic direction to the University’s Insurance portfolio;
- Manage the annual insurance renewal process to ensure comprehensive coverages, value for money and identify emerging concerns and risks;
- Lead the coordination of collecting information relevant to potential or confirmed insurance claims and submit as required, in partnership with Brock’s Legal Counsel;
- Review requests for Certificates of Insurance. Obtain and provide Certificates of Insurance, as required;
- Liaise with the University’s insurance partners to review and identify alternatives to improve existing insurance policies and/or new policies to address any identified gaps in coverage;
- Provide senior level support to the development of the annual University’s insurance budget and manage the expenditures throughout the year;
- Develop, facilitate and deliver ongoing training and awareness to University leaders on risk management principles and expectations;
- Ensure the development of positive relationships with University leaders, members of the Board of Trustees, operational leaders, and community partners.
What you need to Succeed…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Law or a related discipline;
- Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation, or equivalent;
- A minimum of eight years work experience in institutional and/or governmental setting with overall responsibility for managing risk management programs;
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk management principles and practices and an understanding of the higher education environment;
- Significant leadership experience developing and implementing organization-wide programs, policies and procedures which reflect an informed understanding and assessment of risk at all levels of the University;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to critically assess and synthesize information, issues and context from diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to stay abreast of industry developments, relevant legislation and regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge in legislative and regulatory requirements for large public sector organizations, including post-secondary institutions;
- Strong technical and data relationship skills related to the assessment and management of risk;
- Experience with Broader Public Sector risk management practices;
- A proven ability to foster the development of strong partnerships with academic and administrative leaders and achieve cooperation and commitment at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop effective communication strategies within a complex and consultative environment;
- Ability to provide leadership in a collaborative team environment;
- The ability to interact effectively with a diverse population at all levels;
- The ability to work well independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders;
- Ability to assess alternatives and provide direction related to complex issues;
- Innovative and imaginative, with the ability to bring solutions and options to challenges;
- Ability to identify trends in insurance claims and work with experts to identify alternatives to reduce or prevent future recurrences.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Job Grade P, $83,925 - $119,530*
- This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage and tuition waiver.
* The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by assessing related skills, experience, internal equity and market competitiveness, subject to available budget.
Brock University is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, Aboriginal peoples including those who identify as members of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, members of visible minorities and racialized groups, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) persons are encouraged to apply. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process, as outlined in the Employee Accommodation Policy https://brocku.ca/policies/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/Employment-Accommodation-Policy.pdf. Please advise: email@example.com to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a result of Brock University’s current remote operational model, interviews at this time will be conducted virtually.
Learn more about Brock University by visiting www.brocku.ca
Learn more about Brock University by visiting www.brocku.ca
More search results
Institutional Analyst - Modeling in the departmen…
University of Windsor
Manager, Faculty Financial Administration
University of Toronto
Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives & Gro…
Brescia University College
Vice-President (Finance and Administration)
Directrice ou directeur de l'administration
Insitut national de la recherche scientifique