Revenue, Financial & Internal Controls Officer
• Provide strategic business and financial advice/acumen to clients responsible for self-generating revenue enterprises (own source), as well as establish, maintain and monitor appropriate accounting processes/financial reporting to maximize and expand own source revenue for the College
• Provide internal controls compliance oversight and maintain/update the College’s internal control framework with risk and controls matrix
• Implement/coordinate internal controls monitoring and testing program as well as report results to the Audit, Risk & Sustainability Committee of the Board
• Oversee investments management and reporting
• Oversee financial operations and related accounting/reporting functions for tangible capital assets, purchasing and contracts management
• Oversee systems administration and security. Lead financial systems development projects
• Work closely with Manager, Risk and Compliance to facilitate execution of the College’s Enterprise Risk Management and Legislative Compliance Frameworks. Advise on financial/control risks related to contracts
• Oversee expenditure audit, investments, tangible capital assets, purchasing, contract administration, system and security functions
• Minimum of an Accounting Designation
• Five years' related audit and/or accounting experience
• Internal and/or external audit experience
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Supervision experience
This is a Full-time Continuing Administrative position on the Vermilion campus commencing as soon as possible. Lakeland College offers a generous benefit package and pension plan along with a competitive salary.
For further details contact Murray Walford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition will remain open until December 2, 2021. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.