Business Systems Analyst
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $70,943 to $84,719 Annually
SFU Department Description: Lifelong Learning
Position Grade: 10
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
SFU Lifelong Learning, which encompasses SFU Continuing Studies and the SFU English Language and Culture Program, strives to be the leading provider of flexible, responsive education in British Columbia and beyond. In addition to offering noncredit courses and programs for professional and personal development, we engage the community in lifelong learning through a variety of public activities and events. As we work to transform, empower and mobilize learners for life in a changing world, we remain nimble, curious and ready to adapt to evolving needs. We continuously learn and find new ways of doing things, and are committed to fostering a culture where equity, diversity, inclusion and decolonization underpin all our work.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, and verifying business objectives, processes, and functions of Lifelong Learning. The role supports the development of improving the functionality of applications to ensure systems effectively meet the needs of the end user and provides expertise to the technical support team, acting as a point of escalation for issues related to key business applications.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a demonstrated track record of success in managing the development, design, implementation, and communication of technology projects. You will take a holistic approach to understand business processes and develop functional solutions to meet the business needs of the unit. You will ideally bring experience in the public sector and/or higher education. Through open communication, exceptional people skills, and a results-driven approach, you will collaborate with a range of stakeholders and act as a liaison between systems specialists and Lifelong Learning.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or other relevant discipline, and four years of related experience in managing multiple projects, or an equivalent level of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of system integration between business applications and across technical platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of application development tools and standards as well as general programming and methodologies (e.g. MS SQL Server, Agile development methodology, screen design tools, ERP SIS).
- Excellent knowledge of project management and application reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, SharePoint, MS SQL Server RS Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, CRM Salesforce).
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Excellent documentation skills, including workflow documentation.
- Ability to fully diagnose and resolve problems associated with end user hardware, network connectivity, operating systems, and software installation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects from inception to completion, and effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity and priorities while under time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, build business cases, manage changes, and apply technology.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Proficient in all aspects of the end user environment (Windows and/or MAC, and/or Linux, and/or Sun) from a technical perspective.
Lifelong Learning is dedicated to building a diverse staff and advancing the rights and inclusion of equity-deserving groups and communities, including, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and 2SLGBTQI people. We are interested in candidates with a commitment to equity, social justice, Indigenous Truth and Reconciliation, diversity and inclusion. Equity-deserving people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.