Senior Research Analyst
About Toronto Metropolitan
At the intersection of mind and action, Toronto Metropolitan University is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
In April 2022, the university announced our new name of Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.
The Office of the Vice-Provost, Faculty Affairs (OVPFA) offers academic staff at Toronto Metropolitan Universitya range of support related to work-life balance, professional development, teaching, mental health and well-being, among others. To meet our goals and objectives, our office works closely and collaboratively with Human Resources, the Office of the Vice-President Equity, Community and Inclusion, and the Office of the Vice-Provost, Students, among others.
The OVPFA provides leadership on all aspects directly related to the life-cycle of academic employees, from hiring to tenure and promotion, sabbaticals, leaves, retirement, academic administrative appointments, transfers, faculty development and academic leadership support, salary anomalies, grievances, and the interpretation and application of academic collective agreements.
The Senior Research Analyst will lead the coordination and development of a decision support system for the Office of the Vice Provost, Faculty Affairs. Under the direction of the Director, Faculty Recruitment and Development, the incumbent will conduct complex analyses to provide accurate information regarding resource utilization and provide counsel, expertise and recommendations for optimizing resources that will act as the basis for academic resource allocation, strategic and operational planning and decision making and university-wide policy development.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in educational planning, operations research, management science, economics/econometrics, statistics, or in a related cross-disciplinary field or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- At least four to six (4 - 6) years of relevant experience in business analysis, operations research and resource optimization using database systems to achieve results that meet end user needs, including relevant experience in post secondary environments.
- Strong business analysis, advanced statistical theory and measurement, probability theory, advanced forecasting, operations research and resource optimizing knowledge and skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, high level report writing skills
- Knowledge of database programs and systems related to the generation and dissemination of information for decision support, planning and policy development
- Knowledge of Faculty Association and CUPE Local 3904 collective agreements, and the academic and administrative structure in faculties at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Strong time and project management skills
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and current issues in the Ontario University sector.
Position Number(s) 20001912Reports To Director, Faculty Recruitment and DevelopmentVacancy Type FTCEEmployee Group MAC Work Location HybridStart Date ASAPEnd Date Not ApplicableHours of Work 36.25Grade and Step C52Salary Scale $82,929 - $132,471 (hiring range: $82,929 - $107,700)Application Close Date August 10, 2022
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Applications will only be accepted online through Toronto Metropolitan University's careersite.
Toronto Metropolitan University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Toronto Metropolitan University community.We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
More search results
Associate Vice-President, Academic Experience
Phelps - Fleming College
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Academic Labour Relations
University of Windsor
Manager, Financial Services
Superintendent of Finance and Treasurer
Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB)
Director, Internal Audit / Directeur ou directric…
Concordia University / Université Concordia