Research Compliance Manager
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: Research Compliance Manager (RCM)
This role reports to the Director, Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Entrepreneurship Services in the Office of Research Services (ORS). Reporting to this position are Research Ethics Coordinator, Animal Care Coordinator, and Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Decolonization (EDID) Specialist (planned), in addition to research services/administration employees appointed from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree with research experience is required.
- An additional degree in business, environmental studies or law is desirable.
- Minimum five years of research administrative experience, preferably in the Canadian postsecondary
- system or a regulated industry, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various compliance requirements required for administering
- publicly funded research and innovation at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to engage and motivate employees, to work
- collaboratively as an effective team player with all levels of the organization.
- Superior writing, reading, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Superior research skills, ability to locate, interpret, and rely on authoritative sources,
- interpretations, ruling and decisions.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive situations that call for the use of diplomacy, tact and
- professionalism in the delivery of information and explanations.
- Exceptional judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in
- highly sensitive matters.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, effectively
- prioritizing work to meet departmental goals to ensure research compliance.
- Demonstrated innovation and change management skills which include supporting and
- encouraging new ideas and approaches to build organizational efficiency.
- Knowledge of external research agencies, administrative and reporting requirements.
- Intercampus, provincial, and national travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
Location: Flexibility can be offered for the selected home campus of this role.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.