Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: Research Administration and Services Manager
This role reports to the Associate Vice President, Research, Innovation, and Graduate Studies and works closely with the Director, Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Entrepreneurship Services (RISES) at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). Reporting to this position is the Research Services Specialist and Research Administrative Assistant.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in natural sciences or engineering) required.
- A master’s degree in business administration (MBA or equivalent) are required.
- Professional financial/accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CGA, CMA) preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of leadership or management experience required.
- Minimum five years of progressive financial and operational experience, preferably in the Canadian post-secondary system, funding bodies, and the startup ecosystem community.
- Previous experience with Canadian post-secondary research administration/management desirable.
- Has a strong understanding of post-secondary operations as it relates to research.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to engage and motivate employees, to work collaboratively as an effective team player with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive situations that call for the use of diplomacy, tact and professionalism in the delivery of information and explanations.
- Superior judgment to guide colleagues), discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, effectively prioritizing work to meet departmental goals.
- Demonstrated innovation and change management skills which include supporting and encouraging new ideas and approaches to build organizational efficiency.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial government funding agencies which have detailed policies, guidelines, and procedures with which applicants must comply to secure and maintain funding.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex financial management.
- Intercampus, provincial, and national travel is required.
Location: There is flexibility in which home campus this position can work out of.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.