Associate Director, International Recruitment & Business Development
- York University
- Toronto, Ontario
- Job Category
- Executive and General Management, Student Services
- Job Type
Associate Director, International Recruitment & Business Development
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
We are seeking an Associate Director, International Recruitment and Business Development to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, International Education & English Language Institute, the Associate Director is responsible for developing international student recruitment, business and partnership development, and relationship management strategies to maximize market reach and successfully meet the School’s international revenue targets. The Associate Director provides strategic leadership to the recruitment team to implement the international recruitment strategy for language and professional programs. They are responsible for developing and maintaining an international network of agents and recruitment partners to drive recruitment efforts and ensure enrolment targets are achieved. The Associate Director is a key member of the management team and participates in and manages the development of the English Language Institute and Continuing Professional Education strategic and annual operating plans.
Seven years ago, we launched our School of Continuing Studies at a time when the demand for short professional education programs began to skyrocket due to labour market shortfalls. We became the fastest-growing school in Canada, the largest start-up in our sector in three decades, and garnered international awards and reputation as a global leader in our field.
We move fast, we innovate, we have fun, and we share a compelling sense of purpose as we address critical societal skill shortages. We help individuals to achieve personal and professional growth in a rapidly changing career and educational landscape. We help employers find the talent they need.
Our School is home to the international-award-winning York University English Language Institute, one of the largest language institutes in North America.
Our professional programs support local talent and attract professionals from around the world. We work closely with employers to codesign and deliver professional programs tied to Canada’s largest skill shortages.
For more information about us, visit us at: https://continue.yorku.ca
You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and strategy for services that facilitate a positive student experience, through effective transition, retention, engagement, and student success. You will work as part of team of bright minds to develop strategic, transformational student services and operational plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategic Leadership and Operational Planning: Develops and monitors annual operating plans, targets, and budget for the Recruitment Services team. Represents the School on university-wide committees or initiatives related to international students, global trends, and emerging market needs. Provides leadership and direction to the recruitment team in the development of their annual, region-specific business plans, and sets recruitment targets and priorities ensuring alignment with the enrolment and revenue targets and strategy of the School.
- Strategic Planning: Identifies, implements, and monitors key performance indicators throughout all stages of the recruitment funnel. Adjusts approach based on indicators to maximize ROI and ensure targets are met.
- International Recruitment: Under the supervision of the Director, and with inputfrom the senior management team, develops and manages a multi-year recruitment strategy aligned with the School’s enrolment and financial targets. With the Director of Continuing Professional Education, negotiates international enrolment and diversity targets, and ensure sufficient recruitment activities, funnel management, and reporting mechanisms are in place to meet targets. Diversifies geographical recruitment for English language pathway programs and contract training opportunities.
- International Marketing: Works in partnership with the Marketing team to align digital marketing, social media, virtual events, video production, and other platforms complement and support recruitment efforts. Ensures measurement of effectiveness and return on investment and works with Marketing to adjust accordingly.
- Business Development and International Partnerships: In accordance with the priorities of the School’s strategic plan, engages in international business to institution (B2I) and business to business (B2B) partnership and development activities related to pathway programs, short programs, contract training, and service agreements to meet revenue targets. Identifies, analyzes, and plans penetration strategies for new markets based on knowledge of international and global educational issues.
- Data Management: Ensures consistency and accuracy of information to manage and monitor recruitment activity and funnel conversion metrics. Reports regularly on funnel conversion metrics and optimizes conversion and improve ROI of recruitment efforts and spending.
- Agent management: Develops and ensures an agent engagement strategy and a system to onboard, train, coach, support, and performance manage portfolio of recruitment agents, agent management platforms, and aggregator platforms.
- Internal Relationships: Collaborates with York’s Recruitment and Admissions office and Faculty recruitment leads to coordinate recruitment efforts and ultimately to develop an integrated recruitment strategy.
Experiences and Skills You’ll need to be successful
- A successful track record (5 years or more) managing in the field of international student recruitment, international business development, partnership development, and the negotiation of major contracts and account management.
- Strategic planning and strategic enrolment management in an academic environment.
- Experience with online management information systems (CRM) and conversion management.
- Experience with international marketing and digital marketing.
- Financial and enrolment planning and management.
- Well-developed human resource managements skills including management of high-performance teams, team development and leadership.
- Strong collaboration, relationship building and stakeholder management abilities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Why York University, School of Continuing Studies?
- Competitive compensation, including variable pay based on performance
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Excellent pension program
- Commitment and reimbursement for continuing professional education
- Hybrid work environment
- Stunning new building housing beautiful office and student space
- Onsite childcare and summer day camps on campus for kids (Age 5+)
- Opportunity to work with one of Canada’s greenest employers
- Opportunity to make significant national and global impact with your work!
- Working with a diverse and equitable employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 106977.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/6388e1ecc6f4bed328041ef0/5a5f5a611f2f030425abc2f8/en