Executive Director, Experiential Learning
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
York University is dedicated to promoting student success and ensuring that students have high quality experiential learning experiences throughout their academic experience to provide every student access to professional, integrated career education supports so they graduate with the confidence to manage their careers in a constantly changing world.
Co-led through the Office of the Associate Vice-President Teaching & Learning (AVP, T&L) and Division of Students, an integrated and coordinated model for experiential learning works closely with all York's Faculties to design and provide students with a full range of experiential education, work-integrated learning and career exploration opportunities, both in and outside the classroom. The Executive Director, Experiential Learning (ED EL) will establish a plan for advancing the university's pan-university experiential learning strategy. Working across Divisions and Faculties, the Executive Director will work strategically to expand curricular experiential learning by establishing and promoting university-wide processes and practices that embed experiential learning as an integral part of student experience. This position requires a strategic thinker and service focused professional who develops strong relationships across the university community and the ability to serve as an internal and external champion for experiential education.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Graduate degree in a related field plus specialized training in experiential education/ work integrated learning, career development or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Minimum of seven years of professional/senior leadership experience in the field of student services, experiential education and/or career development with program, policy and partnership development.
- Experience developing strategic plans resources models and reports.
- Experience conducting risk assessments, trends analyses and service delivery reviews.
- Minimum of five years of people management experience within a complex unionized environment.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 107172.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/63cafc39d3e0b029510a5666/5a5f5a611f2f030425abc2f8/en